Alexa Fluor® 700 Mouse Anti-Human CD80
Clone L307.4 (also known as L307) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name B7.1; B7-1; Activation B7-1 antigen; B7; BB1; CD28LG; CD28LG1; LAB7; L307
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H, also known as C3H/He, C3H/Bi IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human B7-transfected L cells
- Workshop No. V B7.5
- Entrez Gene ID 941
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The L307 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to B7/BB1, a 60 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that was clustered as CD80 in the Fifth International Workshop on Human Leukocyte Differentiation Antigens. CD80, a member of the Ig supergene family, is expressed on activated B cells, T cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells. It is the ligand for two molecules expressed on T cells, CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). CD80 is also expressed on activated CD4-positive and CD8-positive T cells, appearing late after activation suggesting that activated T cells may be capable of autocrine costimulation via the CD28 activation pathway. The binding of CD28 by anti-CD28 or by CD80 results in T-cell activation and a signal for IL-2 production.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.