Biotin Mouse Anti-Rat Ig, κ Light Chain
Clone MRK-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing)
ELISA Detection (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Pooled rat Ig
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MRK-1 monoclonal antibody reacts specifically with rat Igs bearing κ light chains. It does not react with rat immunoglobulin λ light chains or heavy chains. The MRK-1 antibody is effective for detection of cell-surface Ig by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. It has not been shown to stimulate B-cell proliferation.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
ELISA: For detection of rat IgG1, G2a, G2b, G2c, IgA, or IgM in a sandwich ELISA, biotinylated mAb MRK-1 (can be cocktailed with biotin-conjugated anti-rat Ig λ light chain, clone G33-11) is optimal for detection with purified anti-rat Ig isotype-specific mAbs (RG11/39.4, Cat. No. 553889; RG7/1.30, Cat. No. 553893; RG7/11.1, Cat. No. 553897 or G15-337, Cat. No. 553882; A92-1, [available by custom order]; A93-2, [available by custom order]; G53-238, Cat. No. 553885) for capture, respectively.
Flow Cytometry: Biotin-conjugated MRK-1 mAb may be used as a primary or secondary reagent in immunofluorescent staining.
Immunohistochemistry: For use as a second-step in IHC, we suggest RG7/7.6 mAb (anti-rat and -hamster Ig κ light chain) in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry, Cat. No. 550336.