You are now leaving the BD Biosciences website. The site you are about to visit is operated by a third party. The link to this site neither makes nor implies any representation or warranty for any products or services offered on a third-party site and is intended only to enable convenient access to the third-party site and for no other purpose. Do you want to continue?
For the best web browsing experience, please use Chrome, Safari or Firefox, minimum versions 77.0.3865, 12.1.2 and 68, respectively.
Surface Staining of Human Red Blood Cells
- Add 1 µl whole blood into each sample tube containing 100 µl staining buffer (PBS with 1%FBS, 0.09% sodium azide).
- Add 20 µl of properly diluted antibody or isotype control to the sample tubes. Mix gently.
- Incubate at room temperature (RT) for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with 2 ml of staining buffer at 200 x g for 5 minutes.
- Aspirate the supernatant.
- For purified and biotin conjugate: add 50 µl of diluted secondary reagent, incubate at RT for 15-20 minutes. For direct conjugates proceed to step 8.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4.
- Add 0.5 ml of staining buffer to each tube.
- Proceed to flow cytometric analysis.
Data Acquisition Note: Setting FSC and SSC detectors to log mode provides better resolution compared to linear mode.