BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD195
Clone 2D7/CCR5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CCR5; C-C chemokine receptor type 5; CC-CKR-5; CKR5; CHEMR13
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C57BL/6 IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CCR5 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. VII 70307
- Entrez Gene ID 1234
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2D7/CCR5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human chemokine receptor CCR5, also known as CD195. CCR5 is a seven transmembrane-spanning G protein-associated molecule that belongs to the beta chemokine receptor family and expressed on a subset of T lymphocytes (CD3+CD45RO+CD95+). CCR5 regulates lymphocyte chemotaxis activation and transendothelial migration during inflammation by signaling a response to at least three chemokines: Regulated upon Activation Normal T-cell Expressed and Secreted (RANTES), Macrophage Inflammatory Protein-1 (MIP-1), and Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein 2 (MCP-2). Additionally, CCR5 has been found to be a coreceptor for macrophage-tropic HIV-1 on CD4+ cells, a characteristic that is important in viral transmission. Reports indicate that individuals who have partial (heterozygous) or complete (homozygous) deletion of the CCR5 allele demonstrate resistance to HIV infection. This antibody has been shown to block ligand and gp120 binding. It is also able to neutralize HIV infection.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.