FITC Mouse Anti-Mouse CD22.2
Clone Cy34.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Lyb8.2; Lyb-8.2; BL-CAM; Siglec-2
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse DBA/1 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen B10.D2 mouse splenocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 12483
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Cy34.1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the B-lymphocyte differentiation antigen CD22 on strains having the Lyb-8.2 alloantigen (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, C57BL, C57L, C58, SJL, SWR, but not AKR, DBA/1, DBA/2, NZB, PL). CD22 is expressed at high levels on mature peripheral B lymphocytes (follicular and marginal zone), B-1 cells (CD5+ B cells), and plasma cells. It is a member of the Ig gene superfamily and associates with the B-cell antigen receptor. Its sialic acid- binding immunoglobulin-like lectin (siglec) extracellular region mediates B-cell adhesion to ligands on endothelial cells in the bone marrow. Its intracellular domain is phosphorylated after cross-linking of antigen receptor or MHC class II antigen. It is involved in negative regulation of B-cell activation and protection from autoimmunity. B-cell proliferative responses to LPS or anti-mouse Ig µ chain are augmented in the presence of Cy34.1 mAb.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.