PE Mouse Anti-Human CD40
Clone 5C3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TNFRSF5; TNF receptor superfamily member 5; CD40L receptor; Bp50; p50
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V CD40.4
- Entrez Gene ID 958
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
This 5C3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD40, a 45-48 kDa type I integral membrane glycoprotein. CD40 is expressed on B lymphocytes, but is not expressed on terminally differentiated B cells. CD40 is also expressed by endothelial cells, basal epithelial cells and some epithelial cell carcinomas, follicular dendritic cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, and CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells. This antibody is useful for studying the roles played by CD40 in B-cell growth, proliferation, and differentiation including immunoglobulin isotype switching. Anti-CD40 antibodies have been reported to stimulate B-cell proliferation when costimulated with anti-µ, anti-CD20 antibodies or with phorbol esters. 5C3 is capable of inducing B-cell proliferation when presented with IL-4.
Clone 5C3 reacts with the human form of the 45-48 kDa type I integral membrane glycoprotein, CD40. This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, but not monocytes nor granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that seen with normal human donor lymphocytes, with the reactivity being restricted to CD20+ lymphocytes.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.