Purified Mouse IgG1, κ Isotype Control
Clone MOPC-31C (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry, ELISA (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry (Tested During Development)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MOPC-31C antibody has unknown specificity. The transplantable plasmacytoma MOPC-31C was induced by intraperitoneal injection of mineral oils into BALB/c mice. It was adapted to continuous cell culture by alternate passage in animals.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis and by ELISA. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
This antibody is useful as a standard in ELISA or as an isotype-matched negative control for immunostaining. An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 1 µg/million cells for flow cytometry).
For immunohistochemical staining, we recommend the use of purified MOPC-31C mAb in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry (Cat. No. 550878). We recommend purified mouse IgG1 κ monoclonal antibody MOPC-21 (Cat. No. 555746/554121) for immunofluorescent staining of human whole blood and Cat. No. 556648 for non-human primate cells.