Oligo Mouse Anti-Human CD8
Clone RPA-T8 (RUO)
- Brand BD™ AbSeq
- Alternative Name CD8α; CD8A; CD8 alpha; Leu2; MAL; T8; p32
- Entrez Gene ID 925
- Vol. Per Test 2 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Single Cell 3' Sequencing (Qualified)
- Barcode Sequence TGATTGGGTACGCGCTTGGCTTATATAGTCGGGTCT
- Sequence ID AHS0027
- Immunogen Human CD8a
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RPA-T8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD8 alpha (CD8á). CD8α is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD8α is expressed by the majority of thymocytes, by subpopulations of αβ T cells and γδ T cells and by some NK cells. Cell surface CD8α is expressed either as a disulfide-linked homodimer (CD8αα) or as a heterodimer (CD8αβ) when disulfide-bonded to a CD8 beta chain (CD8β). CD8-positive αβ T cells coexpress both CD8αα homodimers and CD8αβ heterodimers whereas some γδ T cells and NK cells express CD8αα homodimers. CD8 plays important roles in T cell activation and selection. The extracellular IgSF domain of CD8α binds to a non-polymorphic determinant on HLA class I molecules (α3 domain) and enables CD8 to function as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted TCR during T cell recognition of antigen. The cytoplasmic domain of CD8α associates with Lck, a Src family protein tyrosine kinase that is involved in intracellular signaling. The RPA-T8 and HIT8a monoclonal antibodies are not cross-blocking. This clone has been reported to react with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, but not monocytes nor granuloyctes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkey. In general, a higher frequency of CD8+ and CD4+CD8+ lymphocytes are observed in non-human primates compared to normal human donors.
The antibody was conjugated to an oligonucleotide that contains an antibody clone-specific barcode (ABC) flanked by a poly-A tail on the 3' end and a PCR handle (PCR primer binding site) on the 5' end. The ABC for this antibody was designed to be used with other BD AbSeq oligonucleotides conjugated to other antibodies. All AbSeq ABC sequences were selected in silico to be unique from human and mouse genomes, have low predicted secondary structure, and have high Hamming distance within the BD AbSeq portfolio, to allow for sequencing error correction and unique mapping. The poly-A tail of the oligonucleotide allows the ABC to be captured by the BD Rhapsody™ system or other oligo-dT-based capture systems. The 5' PCR handle allows for efficient sequencing library generation for Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Format Antibody-Oligo
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography and conjugated to BD AbSeq oligonucleotide under optimal conditions.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended volume per test. Typical use is 2 µl for 1 × 10^6 cells in a 200-µl staining reaction.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Please refer to bd.com/genomics-resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US 8,835,358; US 9,290,808; US 9,290,809; US 9,315,857; US 9,567,645; US 9,567,646; US 9,598,736; US 9,708,659; and US 9,816,137. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Illumina is a trademark of Illumina, Inc.
Put all BD AbSeq Reagents to be pooled into a Latch Rack for 500 µL Tubes (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4900). Arrange the tubes so that they can be easily uncapped and re-capped with an 8-Channel Screw Cap Tube Capper (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4105MAT) and the reagents aliquoted with a multi-channel pipette.
BD AbSeq tubes should be centrifuged for ≥ 30 seconds at 400 × g to ensure removal of any content in the cap/tube threads prior to the first opening.