Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD42a
Clone ALMA.16 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI P-34
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Reacts with a 17-22kD, single chain integral membrane glycoprotein, also known as GPIX. CD42a forms a noncovalently linked complex (GPIb/GPIX/GPV) with CD42b, CD42c and CD42d. It is expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes and is absent on the platelets of patients with Bernadr-Soulier Syndrome (BSS). Although the CD42a function is not fully understood, GPIX glycoprotein is important for the assembly and membrane expression of the complex and for the maintenance of the functional conformation of CD42b (GPIb).
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.