PE Mouse Anti-Human PVR (CD155)
Clone SKII.4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name poliovirus receptor; HVED; nectin-like protein 5; NECL5; Necl-5; PVR; PVS; TAGE4
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen SK-N-AS neuroblastoma cell line
- Entrez Gene ID 5817
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The SKII.4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the Poliovirus Receptor (PVR) which is also known as CD155, or Nectin-like protein 5 (NECL5). PVR is a ~70 kDa nectin-like type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the PVR-related (PRR) family within the Ig superfamily. In addition to two cell surface PVR isoforms (alpha and delta), two secreted PVR isoforms (beta and gamma) have been reported that share the same three Ig domains but differ in their C-termini. PVR is expressed on monocytes, macrophages, endothelial cells, epithelia cells, CD34+ thymocytes, and neurons. In addition to serving as a receptor for poliovirus and cytomegalovirus, PVR functions as an adhesion molecule involved in cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion through interaction with CD96 (TACTILE), Nectin 1-3 (CD111, CD112, CD113), CD226, and vitronectin. PVR promotes natural killer (NK) cell adhesion to and lysis of target cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.