PE Mouse Anti-Human HLA-C
Clone DT-9 (also known as DT9) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name HLAC; HLC-C; HLA-JY3; MHC class I antigen C; PSORS1; HLA-E
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl/test
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified Human Tamarin MHC Class I Molecules
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DT-9 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA-C), a polymorphic major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I antigen. HLA-C is a heterodimer comprised of the HLA-C alpha chain, a ~45 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein, and a ~12 kDa Beta-2 (β2)-microglobulin light chain. HLA-C is expressed on nearly all cells, and plays a role in the antigen-specific, MHC-restricted presentation of small peptides to CD8+ T cells in the generation of immunity or tolerance. HLA-C may also bind to regulatory MHC class I antigen-selective receptors expressed by CD8+ T cells and natural killer (NK) cells. The DT-9 antibody also recognizes some rare HLA-A and HLA-B allotypes and the nonclassical HLA-E molecule.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.