BV480 Mouse Anti-Human CD11c
Clone B-ly6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name ITGAX; AlphaX integrin chain; Axb2; Integrin alpha-X; CR4; Leu M5; SLEB6
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Spleen Cells from Human with Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Workshop No. IV N012
- Entrez Gene ID 3687
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B-ly6 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 150 kDa adhesion glycoprotein CD11c (p150, integrin α chain). CD11c is expressed on dendritic cells, monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes, NK cells and subsets of B and T cells. It associates with CD18 to form the CD11c/CD18 complex that binds fibrinogen and has been reported to be a receptor for iC3b and ICAM-1. Reports indicate that CD11c/CD18 plays a role as an adhesion molecule that mediates cellular binding to ligands expressed on stimulated epithelium and endothelium.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV480 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BV510.
BD Horizon™ BV480 is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BD Horizon BV510. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BV480, BV510 and V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV480 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV480 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 480 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).