BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD273
Clone MIH18 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name PD-1 ligand 2; PD-L2; B7-DC; PDCD1LG2; PDCD1 ligand 2; PDCD1L2; PDL2; Btdc
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD273 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. VIII 80539
- Entrez Gene ID 80380
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH18 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD273 which is also known as the Programmed Death Ligand 2 (PD-L2) and B7-DC. CD273 is a type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein member of the B7 family and Ig superfamily. CD273 serves as a ligand for CD279, the Programmed Death 1 (PD-1) receptor. CD273 is expressed by dendritic cells, activated monocytes, medullary thymic epithelial cells, placental trophoblasts, and myocardial endothelium. CD273 can function as a coinhibitor of T cell functions by acting through CD279. Monoclonal antibodies that block the CD273 and CD279 interaction result in enhanced T cell proliferation and cytokine production. Thus, CD273 can play an important role in regulating T cell responses. Clone MIH18 is reportedly a blocking antibody.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.