APC Mouse Anti-Human CD273
Clone MIH18 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name PD-1 ligand 2; PD-L2; B7-DC; PDCD1LG2; PDCD1 ligand 2; PDCD1L2; PDL2; Btdc
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD273 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. VIII 80539
- Entrez Gene ID 80380
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH18 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD273 which is also known as the Programmed Death Ligand 2 (PD-L2) and B7-DC. CD273 is a type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein member of the B7 family and Ig superfamily. CD273 serves as a ligand for CD279, the Programmed Death 1 (PD-1) receptor. CD273 is expressed by dendritic cells, activated monocytes, medullary thymic epithelial cells, placental trophoblasts, and myocardial endothelium. CD273 can function as a coinhibitor of T cell functions by acting through CD279. Monoclonal antibodies that block the CD273 and CD279 interaction result in enhanced T cell proliferation and cytokine production. Thus, CD273 can play an important role in regulating T cell responses. Clone MIH18 is reportedly a blocking antibody.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.