Purified Hamster Anti-Mouse IL-12 Receptor β2
Clone HAM10B9 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-12Rβ2 transfectants
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HAM10B9 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the β2subunit (IL-12Rβ2), of the mouse IL-12 receptor complex. The IL-12Rβ2 subunit associates with a β1 subunit to form a heterodimeric IL-12 receptor complex. Each one of the IL-12R subunits exhibits low affinity for IL-12, but in combination, they bind IL-12 with high affinity. The IL-12Rβ1 subunit interacts primarily with IL-12 p40 whereas the IL-12R β2 binds both to IL-12 p40 and IL-12 p35. IL-12Rβ1 is required for high affinity binding of IL-12 but IL-12R β2 is required for signaling. The cytoplasmic regions of the β1 and β2 subunits contain the box 1 and box 2 motifs found in other cytokine receptors such as gp130, LIFR and G-CSFR. Naive T cells do not express IL-12R but both IL-12R subunits can be induced on T cells by antigenic stimulation. The IL12R is also expressed on activated NK cells. Th1 cells express both IL-12R subunits while Th2 cells lose the β2 subunit during differentiation. The HAM10B9 antibody was generated by immunizing hamsters with mouse IL-12Rβ2 transfectants.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
The purified anti-mouse IL-12 receptor ß2antibody (clone HAM10B9, Cat. No. 552819) can be used for the immunofluorescent staining (≤1 µg antibody/10e6 cells) and flow cytometric analysis of mouse Th1 or NK cells to measure their expressed levels of surface IL-12Rβ2. An appropriate purified immunoglobulin isotype control is clone A19-3 (Cat. No. 553969).