BV711 Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone UCHT1 (also known as UCHT-1; UCHT 1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD3e; CD3E; T3E; TCRE; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human infant thymocytes and peripheral blood lymphocytes from a Sézary Syndrome donor
- Workshop No. I WT3; III 471
- Entrez Gene ID 916
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UCHT1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human CD3ε-chain, a 20-kDa subunit of the CD3/T cell antigen receptor complex. CD3ε is expressed on 70-80% of normal human peripheral blood lymphocytes and 60-85% of thymocytes. Studies from the HLDA Workshop show that this antibody is mitogenic for CD3ε-positive cells when used in conjunction with costimulatory agents such as pokeweed mitogen or anti-CD28 antibody. CD3 plays a central role in signal transduction during antigen recognition. The UCHT1 antibody stains both surface and intracellular CD3ε unlike the other CD3 clone, HIT3a, that stains only extracellular CD3ε.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV711 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 711-nm. BD Horizon BV711 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™5.5 / Alexa Fluor® 700-like dyes (eg, 712/20-nm filter). Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there may be moderate spillover into the Alexa Fluor® 700 and PerCP-Cy5.5 detectors. However, the spillover can be corrected through compensation as with any other dye combination.
BV711 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 711 nm. This dye offers a very bright choice for the violet laser. Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there may be moderate spillover into the Alexa Fluor® 700 and PerCP-Cy5.5 detectors. BV711 will also have moderate spillover into the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet 786 detector.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV711 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV711 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 711 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).