APC Mouse Anti-Human CD62E
Clone 68-5H11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name SELE; E-selectin; Selectin E; ELAM; ELAM1; ESEL; LECAM2
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI A090
- Entrez Gene ID 6401
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 68-5H11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD62E. This adhesion molecule is a 97-115 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by the SELE gene. CD62E is also known as E-selectin, Endothelial-leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1), and Leukocyte endothelial cell adhesion molecule 2 (LECAM-2). CD62E is minimally expressed by unstimulated endothelium. Activated endothelial cells upregulate surface CD62E expression in response to various activators including inflammatory cytokines such as Interleukin-1 and Tumor Necrosis Factor. CD62E plays a role in leucocyte extravasation by promoting leucocyte rolling on activated endothelial cells during inflammation. CD62E may also play a role in the metastasis of certain tumor cells. The adhesion between endothelial CD62E molecules and a carbohydrate ligand on neutrophils is inhibited by the mAb 68-5H11.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.