PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse Anti-Human CD73
Clone AD2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name NT5E; 5' nucleotidase; 5'-NT; E5NT; Ecto-5'-nucleotidase; eN; eNT; NT; NT5
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Pre-B leukemia cell line
- Workshop No. V B-CD73.3
- Entrez Gene ID 4907
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The AD2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to ecto-5'-nucleotidase, a 70 kDa, glycosyl phosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored glycoprotein. CD73 is expressed on bone marrow derived multipotent mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), also sometimes identified as mesenchymal stem cells, and is one of the three positive markers that has been identified by the International Society for Cell Terapy (ISCT) for the minimum criteria for identifying MSCs. Additionally CD73 is expressed on subsets of T and B lymphocytes, follicular dendritic cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells. Its expression on lymphocytes increases during T and B cell development. CD73 has enzymatic activity and catalyzes the dephosphorylation of adenosine monophosphate (AMP) converting it to adenosine. It has been suggested that CD73 can mediate costimulatory signals in T cell activation and adhesion of lymphocytes to endothelium.
Due to the expression characteristics of this molecule on different cell types, this PerCP-Cy™5.5 format is only recommended for use on cells expressing high amounts of CD73, such as MSCs.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.