FITC Hamster Anti-Rat CD62L
Clone HRL1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Sell; selectin L; L-selectin; LECAM-1; LECAM1; LAM-1; Ly-22
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, λ1
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Rat LECAM-1 human IgG1 fusion protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HRL1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to L-selectin (LECAM-1, CD62L), which is detected on a small percentage of thymocytes and on most neutrophils and peripheral lymphocytes. CD62L is a 62-kDa (on neutrophils) or 65-kDa (on lymphocytes) receptor, with lectin-like and epidermal growth factor-like domains, which binds to sialylated oligosaccharide determinants on high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral lymph nodes. This member of the selectin adhesion molecule family appears to be required for lymphocyte homing to peripheral lymph nodes and to contribute to neutrophil emigration at inflammatory sites. L-selectin is rapidly shed from lymphocytes and neutrophils upon cell activation. In the mouse, the level of CD62L expression distinguishes naive CD4+T cells from effector/memory T helper cells. HRL1 antibody inhibits the ligand-binding activity of Lselectin in in vitro assays and slows in vivo leukocyte rolling on microvascular endothelium.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For detection of L-selectin on peripheral blood leukocytes, use of EDTA as anti-coagulant is recommended; heparin should not be used.