V450 Rat anti-Mouse CD19
Clone 1D3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse CD19 Transfected Cell Line
- Entrez Gene ID 12478
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 1D3 antibody reacts with CD19, a B lymphocyte-lineage differentiation antigen. CD19, a 95-kDa transmembrance glycoprotein, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is expressed throughout B-lymphocyte development from the pro-B cell through the mature B-cell stages. Terminally differentiated plasma cells do not express CD19. On the surface of mature B cells, the CD19 molecule associates with CD21 (CR-2) and CD81 (TAPA-1), and this multimolecular complex synergizes with surface immunoglobulin to promote cellular activation. Studies with CD19-deficient mice have suggested that the level of CD19 expression affects the generation and maturation of B cells in the bone marrow and periphery. B-1 lineage B cells, also known as CD5+ B cells, are drastically reduced or absent in CD19-deficient mice. Increased levels of CD19 expression correlate with increased frequencies of peritonal and splenic B-1 cells and reduced numbers of conventional B lymphocytes in the periphery. CD19 participates in B-lymphocyte development, B-cell activation, maturation of memory B cells and regulation of tolerance. CD19 has also been detected on peritoneal mast cells, co-localized with CD21/CD35, and it is proposed to play a role in complement-mediated mast-cell activation.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.