Providing excellence in accuracy, reliability and reproducibility: the new, small and easy-to-use BD FACSVia™ System
Rising costs, decreasing reimbursement, labor intensive manual procedures, fewer resources, and higher demands for efficiency—they are all challenges today's clinical laboratory faces. The BD FACSVia™ flow cytometry system is an easy-to-use benchtop solution to help you meet these challenges so that your laboratory runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Automated instrument QC and compensation provides consistent results
- Intuitive user interface reduces manual steps
- Easy, low cost instrument maintenance minimizes operational costs to fit budget requirements
- Remote and onsite technical service ensures proper system support
- Bidirectional LIS communication minimizes potential transcription errors
Easy to learn, easy to use
The intuitive design of BD FACSVia™ clinical software enables novice and veteran users alike to collect, analyze and report data in just a few hours, minimizing the time and cost necessary to train new staff members. And, with automated compensation, instrument settings do not need to be adjusted to obtain accurate results, which means quicker setup and less chance of errors.
With online elearning, remote diagnostics and hands-on training from a BD FACSVia™ specialist, you are ensured staff proficiency and productivity.
Save valuable bench space
You get the performance of a high quality clinical flow cytometer in a space-saving system that easily fits on a benchtop. This compact footprint delivers improved ergonomics for the health and safety of your staff. In addition, by placing the instrument in a laminar flow hood, biohazard containment requirements are met.
Exceptional accuracy and repeatability
The BD FACSVia™ is an easy to use system that provides an accurate and consistent approach to identifying and enumerating residual white blood cells (rWBCs) in leucoreduced blood products..
Maintain consistency and accuracy
- Automated compensation: pre-optimized detector settings, factory-set alignment, and standardized fluorescence performance eliminate difficult, time-consuming manual adjustments. The lab gets consistent, reproducible and accurate results according to the sample type and application.
- Automated instrument QC: daily instrument QC is run to verify that the instrument is performing within specification and to automatically update compensation values. A few clicks allow you to run QC so that you can begin collecting consistent data over time and across instruments.
- Intuitive user interface: easy to use, designed to reduce manual errors. With pre-configured assay templates, you are ensured accurate, reproducible results.
- BD assays: proven to be reliable, and used with confidence in clinical labs across the globe, BD assays allow for an easy transition to a new platform.
Improve laboratory efficiency by reducing manual processes
Discover how the capabilities of the BD FACSVia™ System work together to enhance reproducibility and efficiency when performing leucocyte enumeration in leucoreduced blood products.
Automated processes enable workflow efficiencies
Start each day with a simple QC run, which checks system performance and updates compensation settings to provide consistent data across time, instruments and labs. At the end of the day, the one-click shutdown process automatically triggers a cleaning cycle.
Intuitive interface simplifies your workflow
BD FACSVia™ clinical software was designed to replicate the way you already work. The intuitive user interface was developed based on hundreds of hours spent observing users operating flow cytometers. The tabbed interface gives you easy access to data collection, analysis and reporting functions.
Simplify your testing with BD FACSVia™ assays and templates
Clinical assays on the BD FACSVia System are optimized with BD reagents you might already be familiar with, smoothing the path to adoption.
BD FACSVia™ clinical assays incorporate BD Trucount™ technology, which eliminates the need for a second instrument or a manual method for cell counting. This reduces variability and complexity, keeping the number of sample preparation steps to a minimum.
The Leucocount template populates the software with all the fields, plots and regions needed to collect and analyze data.
Minimize transcription errors, save time
Reduce errors commonly caused by manual transcription and decrease time spent reporting results with the optional BD FACSLink™ Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface. The easy-to-configure solution provides bidirectional transfer of information between BD FACSVia clinical software and your LIS.
Minimize the cost of ownership
It's never been easier to save time and money and optimize throughput. Using the BD FACSVia™ System with the available BD reagents, you can simplify workflows, minimize training, maintenance and errors, and expedite sample analysis with a system designed for reliable performance. Lower the total cost of your operation with the easy-to-use and flexible BD FACSVia System.
Minimize the time needed to teach instrument operators
The intuitive design of the BD FACSVia System enables even the most novice users to collect, analyze and report data in just a few hours.
Maximize valuable bench space
You get the performance of a high quality clinical flow cytometer in a space-saving system that easily fits on a benchtop.
Minimize the cost of maintenance and consumables
The instrument uses basic fluids and preventive maintenance kits that are easy to order, use and store.
Customer support to fit your needs
Online and onsite training are available and can be scaled for your expertise and budget.
Qualified service is available via remote and onsite service options.
A flexible system
A flexible system that can adapt to your laboratory's needs.
Optional BD FACSVia™ Loader adds automation as your workload grows
This step-saving sampling option gives you walkaway convenience, increased throughput, and is compatible with standard 12 x 75-mm and BD Trucount™ tubes. The BD FACSVia™ Loader can handle 96-well plates when used with the optional BD FACSVia™ research software.*
Optional BD FACSLink™ Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface
This easy-to-configure solution provides bidirectional transfer of information between BD FACSVia™ clinical software and your LIS.
Optional BD FACSVia research software
To extend the use of the BD FACSVia System for your own laboratory tests, optional BD FACSVia research software is very easy and intuitive, and allows for the creation of your own templates for data analysis and reporting.
Enumeration of residual leucocytes in blood products
The BD FACSVia™ System helps you do more with less, improving laboratory efficiency. The easy-to-use BD FACSVia System and BD Leucocount™ kit provide an accurate and consistent approach to identifying and enumerating residual white blood cells (rWBCs) in leucoreduced blood products.
The BD FACSVia System: the complete solution for leucocyte enumeration in leucoreduced blood products.
The BD FACSVia System with the BD Leucocount assay:
- Provides accurate and reliable enumeration of rWBCs in leucoreduced blood products
- Is an easy system to use and learn
- Allows for space saving with a small and compact system
- Improves workflow and laboratory efficiencies, helping to reduce the total cost of operations
- Through intuitive clinical software, minimizes technical staff training, instrument setup and maintenance and sample processing and data analysis
- Reduces pipetting steps and operator interaction with sample
- Provides flexibility in workflow planning by allowing batch analysis
- Eliminates possible source of errors associated with manual processes and bead pipetting, standardizing results with single platform cell counting using BD Trucount™ tubes
The streamlined methodology makes the BD FACSVia System easy to learn, easy to use and helps you do more with less.
Easy-to-follow steps for using the BD Leucocount kit
The BD Leucocount assay simplifies your ability to count residual white blood cells in blood products. The BD Leucocount reagent stains only nucleated cells such as leucocytes, leaving platelets and red cells unstained.
Studies 1 confirm that BD Leucocount assays, together with BD Trucount tubes, provide reliable, reproducible results with demonstrated accuracy, linearity and precision.
A simple, one-step instrument setup enables you to improve lab efficiency by reducing manual workflows.
Predefined software templates are available for quick and easy setup and sample analysis: simply open a template, and the plots and regions for that assay automatically are displayed. Click Run to begin data acquisition.
The BD Leucocount Kit is available for In Vitro Diagnostic use for counting residual white blood cells (rWBCs) in leucoreduced blood products.
Optional BD FACSVia™ Loader adds automation
This step-saving sampling option gives you walkaway convenience, increased throughput, and is compatible with standard 12 x 75-mm and BD Trucount tubes. The BD FACSVia Loader can handle 96-well plates when used with optional BD FACSVia™ research software.*
Optional BD FACSLink™ Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface
This easy-to-configure solution provides bidirectional transfer of information between BD FACSVia clinical software and your LIS.
Reagent ordering information
|BD Leucocount™ Kit||50||340523|
|BD Leucocount™ RBC and PLT Control||25||341003|
|BD Leucocount™ PLT Control||25||341002|
|BD Leucocount™ RBC Control||25||341001|
- Enumeration of Residual Leucocytes in Leucoreduced Blood Products on the New, Simple-to-Use BD FACSVia™ System: a Multicenter Study
Product Information Sheet
- BD FACSLink™ Interface for the BD FACSVia™ System
- BD FACSVia™ System and BD Leucocount™ Kit Designed for Blood Bank
User Guides and Manuals
|Name||Bead Lot Files||Status||Part Number|
|BD FACSVia™ Cytometer Setup and Tracking (CS&T) Bead Lot Files||
*For Research use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Class 1 Laser Product.
For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
Unless otherwise noted, CE marked, For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
1. Wotzer M. Residual Cells in Blood Products. In: Sack, U, Tarnok A, Rothe G, eds.
Cellular Diagnostics: Basic Principles, Methods and Clinical Applications of Flow Cytometry. Basel:Karger;2009:693-713.