Analyzing paired alpha and beta chain information of T cell receptors (TCR) and B cell receptors (BCR) at the single-cell level is a powerful tool for probing T and B cell diversity and function in lymphoid malignancies, infectious diseases, autoimmune disorders and tumor immunology. BD Biosciences’ TCR and BCR profiling tools help you uncover clonal diversity and function of T and B cells, respectively, at the single-cell level.
The BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 Assay for profiling TCR and BCR includes:
- Validated primer sequences
- A detailed step-by-step protocol for analyzing the human or mouse CDR3 region of TCR and BCR using the BD Rhapsody™ Single-Cell Analysis System
The BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 Protocol utilizes the existing BD Rhapsody™ Targeted Kits and the human/mouse immune response primer panel and is designed to work alongside the BD® AbSeq Assay and BD® Single-Cell Multiplexing Kit (SMK). Details about the individual reagents needed to run the assay are included in the respective protocols. A dedicated bioinformatics pipeline is also available for you to analyze sequencing data generated using the CDR3 protocol.
The BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 Assay can be used with the BD Rhapsody™ Targeted Kit, BD® AbSeq Assay and BD® Single-Cell Multiplexing Kit, providing flexibility in your research
Based on the research need, the assay can be used in any of the following combinations:
- BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 Protocol—utilizes the BD Rhapsody™ Targeted Kit + Human Immune Response Panel* and enables you to analyze TCR and BCR sequences.
- BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 + SMK Protocol—utilizes the BD Rhapsody™ Targeted Kit + Human Immune Response Panel* + SMK and enables you to process multiple samples together in a single cartridge.
- BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 + BD® AbSeq Protocol—utilizes the BD Rhapsody™ Targeted Kit + Human Immune Response Panel* + BD® AbSeq Assay and enables multiomic analyses integrating TCR and BCR sequence analyses alongside protein information on the same sample.
- BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 + BD® AbSeq + SMK Protocol—requires the BD Rhapsody™ Targeted Kit + Human Immune Response Panel* + BD® AbSeq Assay + SMK and enables you to perform multiomic analyses on multiple samples of interest together in a single cartridge.
*While the VDJ protocol can technically work with any targeted panel, it works best with the immune response panel. To work effectively with our CDR3 VDJ assay, we recommend including immune response panel makers in custom panels.
A powerful assay for analyzing CDR3 information of TCR and BCR
The hallmark of the BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 Protocol is its high sensitivity and specificity in detecting distinct clonotypes of T and B cells including gamma delta T cells alongside protein analyses.
High sensitivity and specificity in TCR detection
High paired TCR sensitivity in CD4+ T cells
High paired TCR sensitivity in CD8+ T cells
Detection of BCR, gamma delta T cells and protein markers
High sensitivity in identifying paired heavy and light chain information for BCR in B cells
Detection of gamma delta T cells to identify the rare and precious gamma delta T cells in your T cell population
A multiomic tool for performing in-depth immune cell profiling
The BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 Protocol can be combined with the BD® AbSeq Assay and BD® Single-Cell Multiplexing Kit to perform multiomic analyses of both protein and RNA information. Here, the BD Rhapsody™ VDJ CDR3 Protocol was used to analyze the profile and clonotype amplification of T cells in response viral peptides.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.