PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD23
Clone B3B4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name FcεRII; Fc-epsilon-RII; Fcer2a; Ly-42; Low-affinity IgE receptor; Fcer2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen FcεR isolated from the mouse B hybridoma line O1.2B2
- Entrez Gene ID 14128
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B3B4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD23, the low affinity IgE Fc receptor (FcεRII) expressed on mature resting conventional B lymphocytes, but not on B-1 cells (CD5+ B cells) or T lymphocytes. It does not react with high-affinity IgE receptors, as demonstrated on mouse mast cell lines. The regulation of CD23 surface expression on activated B cells appears to be complex, depending upon the mode of activation and the presence of cytokines. IgE synthesis is negatively regulated by CD23, and CD23 expression is upregulated on splenocytes in the presence of IgE. CD23 is also upregulated on follicular dendritic cells in the lymph nodes of immunized mice, and a subset of splenic dendritic cells expresses CD23. The B3B4 antibody abrogates antigen-specific IgE-dependent modulation of immune responses in normal mice. This monoclonal antibody also blocks IgE binding and eosinophil infiltration in the lung of immunized mice. Different in vivo results have been obtained when using the intact B3B4 antibody or the F(ab')2 fragments. B3B4 mAb does not cross-react with rat or human IgE Fc Receptor.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.