Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD4
Clone GK1.5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd4; CD4 antigen; L3T4; Ly-4; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Depletion, Immunoprecipitation, (Co)-stimulation, Blocking (Reported)
- Immunogen Mouse CTL clone V4
- Entrez Gene ID 12504
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The GK1.5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the mouse CD4 (L3T4) differentiation antigen. CD4 is expressed on most thymocytes, a subpopulation of mature T lymphocytes (i.e., MHC class II-restricted T cells, including most T helper cells), and a subset of NK-T cells. In addition, CD4 has also been reported to be detectable on pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells, bone marrow myeloid and B-lymphocyte precursors, intrathymic lymphoid precursors, and a subset of splenic dendritic cells. CD4 has also been reported to be expressed on the plasma membrane of mouse egg cells and is involved in adhesion of the egg to MHC class II-bearing sperm. CD4 is an antigen coreceptor on the T-cell surface which interacts with MHC class II molecules on antigen-presenting cells. It participates in T-cell activation through its association with the T-cell receptor complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck. The GK1.5 antibody reportedly blocks binding of the RM4-5 and H129.19, but not RM4-4 mouse CD4-specific antibodies.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.