Alexa Fluor® 700 Mouse Anti-Human CD33
Clone WM53 (also known as WM-53) (RUO)
Consider BD HorizonTM Red 718 Reagents, bright small molecule alternative to BD PharmingenTM Alexa FluorTM 700 with low background. More Info.
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Siglec-3; SIGLEC3; Sialic acid-binding Ig-like lectin 3; p67; gp67; My9
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Acute Myeloid Leukemia Blasts
- Workshop No. IV M505
- Entrez Gene ID 945
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The WM53 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD33 which is also known as Sialic acid-binding Ig-like lectin 3 (Siglec-3) or gp67. CD33 is a 67 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is variably expressed on myeloid progenitors, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, neutrophils, basophils, mast cells, and on some activated T cells and NK cells. Normal lymphocytes, platelets, erythrocytes and pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells do not express the CD33 antigen. This glycoprotein reportedly functions as a sialic acid-dependent cell adhesion molecule and this function can be modulated by endogenous sialoglycoconjugates when CD33 is expressed on the membrane.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is provided under an intellectual property license between Life Technologies Corporation and BD Businesses. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased amount of the product and components of the product in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). The buyer cannot sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product (b) its components or (c) materials made using this product or its components to a third party or otherwise use this product or its components or materials made using this product or its components for Commercial Purposes. Commercial Purposes means any activity by a party for consideration and may include, but is not limited to: (1) use of the product or its components in manufacturing; (2) use of the product or its components to provide a service, information, or data; (3) use of the product or its components for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (4) resale of the product or its components, whether or not such product or its components are resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for any other use, contact Life Technologies Corporation, Cell Analysis Business Unit Business Development, 29851 Willow Creek Road, Eugene, OR 97402, USA, Tel: (541) 465-8300. Fax: (541) 335-0504.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
BD™ CompBeads can be used as surrogates to assess fluorescence spillover (Compensation). When fluorochrome conjugated antibodies are bound to CompBeads, they have spectral properties very similar to cells. However, for some fluorochromes there can be small differences in spectral emissions compared to cells, resulting in spillover values that differ when compared to biological controls. It is strongly recommended that when using a reagent for the first time, users compare the spillover on cell and CompBead to ensure that BD Comp beads are appropriate for your specific cellular application.