Alexa Fluor® 700 Mouse Anti-Human CD16
Consider BD HorizonTM Red 718 Reagents, bright small molecule alternative to BD PharmingenTM Alexa FluorTM 700 with low background. More Info.
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD16;CD16A;FCGR3A;FcγRIIIA;FcRIIIa;CD16B;FCGR3B;FcγRIIIB;FcRIIIb
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Baboon, Cynomolgus (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3G8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD16a and CD16b, low affinity receptors for the Fc region of IgG. CD16a is ~50-65 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by FCGR3A (Fc fragment of IgG receptor IIIa) which belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD16a is also known as Fc-gamma RIII-alpha (Fc-gamma RIIIa or FcγRIIIA) or FcRIIIa and is expressed on natural killer cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, γδ T cells, immature thymocytes, and mast cells. CD16a binds immune-complexed or aggregated IgG and associates with CD247/TCRζ in NK cells and FcεRIγ chains in phagocytes and mast cells to transduce intracellular signals. CD16a functions in antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) and other antibody-dependent responses including phagocytosis, cytokine production or mediator release. CD16b is a ~48 kDa glycophosyl-phosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked form that is encoded by FCGR3B (Fc fragment of IgG receptor IIIb). CD16b is also known as Fc-gamma RIII-beta (Fc-gamma RIIIb or FcγRIIIB) or FcRIIIb and is expressed on neutrophils and activated eosinophils. The extracellular region of CD16b is highly homologous to CD16a. CD16b also serves as a receptor for the Fc region of IgG and can bind immune-complexed or aggregated IgG and may be involved in neutrophil adhesion.
The 3G8 antibody also crossreacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes and monocytes, but not granulocytes, of baboon, rhesus, and cynomolgus monkeys. Multicolor analysis reveals that the distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that found in human studies with the majority of CD16-positive lymphocytes being both CD3 and CD20 negative.
This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes and monocytes, but not granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomologus macaque monkeys. Multi-color analysis reveals that the distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that found in human studies with the majority of CD16-positive lymphocytes being both CD3 and CD20 negative.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.