BV510 Mouse Anti-Human CD24
Clone ML5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Heat Stable Antigen Homologue (HSA); Ba-1; CD24A
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. IV B243; V CD24.5
- Entrez Gene ID 100133941
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ML5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD24 which is also known as CD24A, signal transducer CD24, small cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen, or BA-1. CD24 is a 35-70 kDa glycophosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked glycoprotein whose glycosylation pattern is highly variable and cell-type dependent. CD24 is expressed on neutrophils, eosinophils, dendritic cells, neural cells, epithelial cells, muscle cells, and many types of cancer cells. CD24 functions as an adhesion receptor. Several different ligands have been identified for CD24 including CD62P (P-selectin) which is expressed on activated platelets and activated endothelium. CD24 is variably expressed on all B lineage cells, except plasma cells, and can play a role in regulating the activation, proliferation or differentiation of these cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.