The BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Flow Cytometer, with its compact 11 x 14.75 x 16.5-inch footprint, light weight of 30 lb and operational simplicity, supports a wide variety of applications including immunology, cell and cancer biology, plant and microbiology and industrial applications. This portable and compact cell analyzer holds the analytical power of a cytometer twice its size. Backed by 23,000 citations to date*, the BD Accuri™ C6 Plus System enables you to go beyond your current research potential.
Take advantage of our special offer on the new BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Personal Flow Cytometer.
Get information and resources for the discontinued BD Accuri™ C6 Personal Flow Cytometer .
*Google Scholar™: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=Accuri&btnG= ; Accessed June 2020.
The BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Flow Cytometer Advantages
Sensitive, reliable and capable
- Reliable instrument performance with automated QC
- Volumetric counting and continuous sampling
Simple: easy to learn, use, maintain and teach
- Quick and easy instrument setup
- Simplified workflow with BD quality reagents and kits
- Walkaway convenience with automated sample loader
Compact and transportable
- Small footprint for easy transportation between labs
Intuitive and easy-to-learn BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Software
- Intuitive user interface
- Easy to learn and data can be collected and analyzed in less than an hour
- Clearly visible software options and instrument controls
Get more information from the BD Accuri™ C6 Plus System Brochure.
The BD Accuri™ C6 Plus System Accurately Monitors the Sample Volume Pulled Per Run
- A unique, nonpressurized, peristaltic pump system drives the fluidics
- The system can calculate absolute counts or sample concentration per µL without the use of counting beads
The optional BD CSampler™ Plus Software accessory offers reliable, easy-to-use automation while adding minimal footprint:
- 48-well plates
- 96-well plates
- 96-deep-well plates
- 24-tube rack (included) for standard 12 x 75-mm tubes
Get more information about the fluidics from the BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Flow Cytometer brochure.
The BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Flow Cytometer, Combined with BD® Kits and Templates, Provides Better Insight and Easier Workflow
As easy as cell analysis is going to get
Apply the power of flow cytometry to your research with ready-to-go reagent kits and free software templates specific to your studies.
Preconfigured kits include fluorescent antibodies, buffer systems and other reagents needed for acquisition and analysis.
Kits and templates are available for various applications:
Immunophenotyping, apoptosis, cell cycle, microbial counting, intracellular cytokine studies, stem cell analysis and more.
The BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Cell Analyzer Provides Simplicity and Sensitivity on Your Benchtop
- Equipped with a blue and red laser, two light scatter detectors and four fluorescence detectors with optical filters optimized for the detection of many popular fluorochromes, including FITC, PE, PerCP-Cy5.5 and APC
- Easy to use with no need to adjust detector voltage
- Data are digitally collected over a wide dynamic range and are fully available to you as needed, eliminating the risk of data loss due to incorrect settings
- Software functions such as Zoom and VirtualGain allow visualization of data at any scale, so you can precisely set gates and regions
- Extraordinary fluorescence sensitivity with optical and fluidic design provide the ability to withstand rugged conditions. Provided the system is anchored, it can run samples even if the benchtop is in motion, such as aboard a ship
Find out about BD Accuri™ C6 Plus System fluorochrome support.
|Excitation Wavelength||Fluorochromes/Dyes||Standard Filter||Optional Filter|
|585/40, 670 LP||610/20|
|670 LP||670 LP>610/20|
|670 LP||670 LP>-|
|670 LP||670 LP>780/60|
Adaptable optics, with many filter, laser and configuration options, and the unique fluidics system provide flexibility in the fluorochrome combinations you can analyze and automation for direct counting of cells
Identification of blood cell populations in a single tube using four colors
Bacterial viability on the BD Accuri™ C6 Plus System.
Several features of BD Accuri™ Flow Cytometers make them ideal platforms for differential analysis of human peripheral blood samples.
- Fixed-voltage detectors simplify data collection and reduce the potential for data loss due to signal over- or under-amplification
- The broad dynamic range makes it easy to analyze populations as varied in size as platelets and eosinophils in the same data file
- The easy-to-use software Zoom tool allows precise control when setting gates
- Direct volume measurement allows direct calculation of the cell concentration per µL for each population of interest
With two lasers and four fluorescence detectors, the BD Accuri™ Personal Flow Cytometers bring versatility and convenience to your benchtop. Two additional features can further simplify your research:
Absolute counts: Cell concentration can be calculated directly from BD Accuri™ Software statistics tables without the addition of counting beads.
Kits and templates: Include needed reagents and buffers to assess apoptosis, cell cycle and proliferation and DNA damage. Free BD Accuri™ Software templates simplify data collection and analysis.
- Microbe counts and concentrations can be calculated rapidly, directly and automatically from the software statistics tables without the addition of counting beads
- If microbes are transfected with green, yellow, red or other fluorescent proteins, they can be detected and clearly differentiated from non-transfected populations
- BD Accuri™ Systems are ideal for monitoring drinking water because of their transportability, open fluidics systems and ability to determine sample volume and calculate cell concentrations directly. A free software template for the Eawag protocol simplifies setup and analysis
Technical Bulletin: A Novel, Transportable Flow Cytometer Facilitates Algal Quantification in Cultures and Environmental Samples
Product Information Sheet: BD® Cell Viability Kit
Product Information Sheet: BD Accuri™ Eawag Water Quality Template
White Paper: Assessing Water Quality with the BD Accuri™ Flow Cytometer
- BD Accuri™ Flow Cytometers are compact and rugged and can be transported into labs, processing facilities and even into the field
- The open fluidics system allows it to connect easily to bioreactors and fermentation units for automatic sampling and continuous culture monitoring
- The light scatter signals can be used to discriminate cells and fluorescence signals to measure cell viability, vitality and other important cell characteristics
- The instruments also interface smoothly with automated bioreactor sampling systems so that samples can be taken continuously and analyzed automatically
White Paper: Bioprocess Monitoring with the BD Accuri™ Flow Cytometer
Access other White Papers on Assessing water quality, Continuous measurement of intracellular calcium, Determining cell concentrations by direct volume, Life science applications of personal flow cytometry, Sowing the seeds of knowledge: the integration of practical flow cytometry into undergraduate education, Rapid and accurate analysis of the nuclear DNA contents of flowering plants.
BD Accuri™ C6 Plus Personal Flow Cytometer
The cell analyzer with capabilities to bring flow cytometry even more within reach for new and experienced researchers alike
- Filter Guide
- Product Information Sheets
- A flow cytometric assay to measure the modulation of phagocytosis
- Analysis of immuno-oncology biomarkers using personal flow cytometry
- Assessing NK cell cytotoxicity against tumor cells using personal flow cytometry
- Automating dose-response cell cycle analysis with the BD CSampler™ Plus
- Combining cell migration and immunophenotype assessment using flow cytometry
- Measuring antibody-mediated complement-dependent cytotoxicity using flow cytometry
- Monitoring protein expression and transfection efficiency using flow cytometry
- Multiparametric assessment of CD8 + cytotoxic T-cell activation using flow cytometry
- T-cell activation and suppression assays using flow cytometry
- Technical Specifications
- User's Guides and Manuals
- White Papers
- Assessing Water Quality
- Continuous Measurement of Intracellular Calcium
- Determining Cell Concentration by Direct Volume
- Life Science Applications of Personal Flow Cytometry
- Sowing the Seeds of Knowledge: The Integration of Practical Flow Cytometry into Undergraduate Education
- Rapid and Accurate Analysis of the Nuclear DNA Contents of Flowering Plants
Request a Quote
Please fill in the following information and we will get in touch with you regarding your query.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Class 1 Laser Product.
All reagents and kits are compatible with both the BD Accuri C6 Plus and BD Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer Systems. Platforms referred to as "BD Accuri" represent both the BD Accuri C6 Plus and BD Accuri C6. Data were generated on either the BD Accuri C6 Plus or the BD Accuri C6 System as indicated in figure legends.
BD Accuri C6 System (32-bit) Software is not forward compatible with BD Accuri C6 Plus (64-bit) Software and the FCS 3.1 file format.
Alexa Fluor and SYBR are trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific. Dell and OptiPlex are trademarks of Dell Inc. Google Scholar is a trademark of Google LLC. Microsoft and Excel are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare. Cy dyes are subject to proprietary rights of GE Healthcare and Carnegie Mellon University and are made and sold under license from GE Healthcare only for research and in vitro diagnostic use. Any other use requires a commercial sublicense from GE Healthcare, 800 Centennial Avenue, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1327, USA.