Mouse Erythropoietin Recombinant Protein
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
Bioassay (Tested During Development)
- Storage Buffer Frozen aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and glycerol.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Mouse erythropoietin (EPO) is a 30 kD heavily glycosylated protein containing 166 amino acids. The carbohydrate residues compose approximately 30% of the molecule by weight.3 It shares 80% and 95% homology with human and rat EPO, respectively. EPO functions as the survival and proliferation factors of late erythroid progenitor cells (CFU-E). In adult mammals, EPO is synthesized almost exclusively in the kidneys.
Formulation and Purity
Recombinant mouse EPO is supplied as a frozen liquid comprised of 0.22 µm sterile-filtered aqueous buffered solution, and containing 1 mg/ml biotechnology grade, low endotoxin bovine serum albumin, with no preservatives. The recombinant mouse EPO is > 95% pure, as determined by SDS-PAGE and an absorbance assay based on Beers-Lambert law. The endotoxin level is ≤ 0.1 ng per µg of mouse EPO, as measured in a chromogenic LAL assay.
Preparation and Storage
Store product at -80°C prior to use or for long term storage of stock solutions.
Rapidly thaw and quick-spin product prior to use.
Avoid multiple freeze-thaws of product.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
Measured using TF-1 indicator cells
Specific Activity: 0.1 - 1.0 × 10^8 Units/mg (Unit is defined as the amount of material required to stimulate a half-maximal response at cytokine saturation).
ED50: 0.1 - 1.0 ng/ml; Observed linear dose response range: >100 fold