Mouse Hematopoetic Stem Cell SLAM Code Panel
- Brand BD Stemflow™
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Q38-480 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse CD150, also known as SLAM (signaling lymphocyte activation molecule). CD150 is a type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the CD2 subfamily of the Ig superfamily. It is encoded by the Slamf1 (signaling lymphocytic activation molecule family member 1) gene. CD150 is differentially expressed on subsets of thymocytes, T and B lymphocytes, dendritic cells, macrophages, and endothelial cells. SLAM plays multiple roles in innate and adaptive immunity serving as an adhesion molecule and/or coreceptor. CD150-mediated costimulation of TCR-activated T cells reportedly results in the increased production of IFN-γ by Th1 cells and is required for IL-4 production by T follicular helper cells. CD150 also plays important roles in hematopoietic cell developmental pathways. CD150 is differentially expressed by self-renewing adult hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) that are CD150+ whereas non-multipotent hematopoietic progenitor cells are CD150-. Utilizing additional cell surface markers, lineage-negative CD150+CD48-CD41- cell fractions are reported to be highly enriched for adult HSC.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- This product is provided under an intellectual property license between Life Technologies Corporation and BD Businesses. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased amount of the product and components of the product in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). The buyer cannot sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product (b) its components or (c) materials made using this product or its components to a third party or otherwise use this product or its components or materials made using this product or its components for Commercial Purposes. Commercial Purposes means any activity by a party for consideration and may include, but is not limited to: (1) use of the product or its components in manufacturing; (2) use of the product or its components to provide a service, information, or data; (3) use of the product or its components for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (4) resale of the product or its components, whether or not such product or its components are resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for any other use, contact Life Technologies Corporation, Cell Analysis Business Unit Business Development, 29851 Willow Creek Road, Eugene, OR 97402, USA, Tel: (541) 465-8300. Fax: (541) 335-0504.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.