PE Mouse Anti-Rat CD26
Clone OX-61 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Dpp4; dipeptidyl peptidase IV; DPPIV; Cd26
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Rat dendritic cells enriched from thoracic duct lymph
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OX-61 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes a type II transmembrane glycoprotein, CD26, which is a serine exoprotease identified as dipeptidyl/peptidase IV. Among various biological activities, rat CD26 binds fibronectin and collagen. Rat CD26 is involved in the costimulation of thymocyte proliferation in vitro, particularly the CD4-/CD8- subset, and is developmentally regulated on hematopoietic cells. Although mouse and human CD26 anchor ADA (adenosine deaminase) to cell membranes, rat CD26 does not function as an ADA-binding protein. Rat CD26 is expressed in lung endothelial cells, as well as in various epithelial cells. T cells express lower levels of CD26 than CD4-/CD8- thymocytes. The distribution of CD26 antigen in rat bone marrow cells is similar to that of human CD26. OX-61 monoclonal antibody stains CD4+, CD8+, and Ig+ lymphocytes, and the staining increases upon activation.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.