APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-2
Clone JES6-5H4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Il2; Interleukin-2; T-cell growth factor; TCGF
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JES6-5H4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse interleukin-2 (IL-2), a multifunctional cytokine that plays pivotal roles in immunity and tolerance. It is produced by activated T cells and affects the activation, growth, proliferation and/or differentiation of various cell types including T and B lymphocytes and their precursors, LAK cells, NK cells, and monocytes/macrophages. IL-2 mediates its biological activities by binding to IL-2 receptor complexes. The intermediate affinity IL-2R is comprised of IL-2Rβ (CD122) and common gamma chain (γc; CD132) subunits, whereas the high-affinity IL-2R is comprised of IL-2Rα (CD25), IL-2Rβ, and γc subunits. The JES6-5H4 monoclonal antibody binds to IL-2 and neutralizes its biological activity.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.