PE Armenian Hamster Anti-Mouse CD11c
Clone N418 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Itgax; Integrin alpha-X; Integrin αX; ITAX; CR4; Complement Receptor 4
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Dendritic Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The N418 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11c, the Integrin alpha X (Integrin αX, Itgax) chain of the heterodimeric gp150, 95 (CD11c/CD18, αXâ2) integrin that forms the complement receptor 4 (CR4). CD11c is a150 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed on dendritic cells, CD4-CD8+ intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL), and some NK cells and T cells. CD11c expression is upregulated on IEL and T cells following activation. Cells of the monocyte/macrophage lineage have been reported to express low levels of CD11c. The CD11c/CD18 integrin can bind to several ligands including iC3b, fibrinogen, and CD54. This integrin reportedly plays important roles in phagocytosis and in mediating cellular interactions during inflammation.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.