BUV395 Rat Anti-Mouse CD161a, b, c
Clone 16.1 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name CD161a,b,c; Ly-55a, Ly-55d, Ly-55c; NKRP1A/C/D; Klrb1a, Klrb1d, Klrb1c
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat PVG, also known as HO, Black Hooded IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Mouse NKRP1A/C/D Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 16.1 monoclonal antibody recognizes the C57BL/6 mouse CD161a, CD161b, and CD161c (CD161a, b, c) cell surface molecules, which are also known as Natural killer cell receptor P1A (NKRP1A), NKRP1D, and NKRP1C, respectively. These cell surface molecules are expressed by natural killer (NK) cells and may play a role in NK cell functions. The 16.1 antibody does not crossreact with CD161f (NKRP1F). This antibody likely binds to CD161 molecules expressed by lymphoid cells from some other mouse strains.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences to have minimal spillover into other detectors, making it an optimal choice for multicolor flow cytometry. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Download TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 395 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).