Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse Panendothelial Cell Antigen
Clone MECA-32 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Plvap; Pv1; MECA32; Plasmalemma vesicle-associated protein
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse lymph node stromal cells
- Entrez Gene ID 84094
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MECA-32 antibody reacts with a dimer of 50-55-kDa subunits expressed on most or all endothelial cells in the embryonic and adult mouse, with the exception of cardiac and skeletal muscle and the brain. Normally in skeletal and cardiac muscle, MECA-32 antigen expression is limited to small arterioles and venules; however, under conditions of inflammation, it can be induced on previously non-expressing vessels in cardiac muscle. In the central nervous system (CNS), the panendothelial cell antigen expression is developmentally regulated. During embryonic development, the antigen is found on brain vasculature up to day 16 of gestation, after which it disappears. The cessation of MECA-32 antigen expression in the CNS may be associated with the establishment of the blood-brain barrier, which begins on day 16 of gestation. In the adult mouse, inflammation in the CNS can lead to re-expression of the panendothelial cell antigen.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For IHC, we recommend the use of Purified Rat Anti-Mouse Panendothelial Cell Antigen (Cat. No. 550563) in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry.