Biotin Hamster Anti-Mouse Vβ 3 T-Cell Receptor
Clone KJ25 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TCR V beta 3; TCR Vβ3
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen αβ TCR purified from mouse T-cell hybridoma 2B4.6
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The KJ25 antibody specifically reacts with the Vβ 3 T-cell Receptor (TCR) of strains having the a (e.g., C57BR, SJL), b (e.g., AKR, CBA/Ca, C57BL, DBA/1), and c (e.g., RIII) haplotypes of the Tcrb gene complex. Vβ 3 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes are clonally eliminated either completely or partially in mice expressing superantigens encoded by the Mtv-1 (Mls-4[a], Mls[c]), Mtv-3 (Mls[c]), Mtv-6 (Mls-3[a], Mls[c]), Mtv-13 (Mls-2[a], Mls[c]), Mtv-27, Mtv-44, and/or Mtv-MAI endogenous proviruses (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA/J, C3H/He, DBA/2, NZB, NZW). Vβ 3 TCR-bearing T cells are activated by the superantigenic Staphylococcal Enterotoxins A and B. Activation or elimination of Vβ 3 TCR-expressing T cells by these determinants is partially dependent upon presentation by I-E. This hamster mAb to a mouse leukocyte antigen does not cross-react with rat leukocytes.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For flow cytometry of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that multicolor staining be performed to distinguish T lymphocytes from non-T cells.