BB515 Rat Anti-Mouse CD53
Clone OX-79 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Cd53: Ox-44; Tspan25; Tetraspanin-25
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat AO IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen BAB/14 mouse macrophage cell line RAW 264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OX-79 antibody reacts with CD53, a 35-45-kDa member of the Transmembrane 4-pass protein superfamily (TM4SF). As in the human, mouse peripheral leukocytes express CD53 mRNA and protein, and erythrocytes and nonhematopoietic cells do not. However, the distribution of CD53 in the mouse and rat thymus differs from that in the human. In the mouse, most CD4+8- and major subsets of CD4- CD8- (double-negative) and CD4- CD8+ thymocytes express CD53, while most cortical CD4+ CD8+ (double-positive) thymocytes are CD53-low or CD53-negative. CD53 expression can be induced in double-positive thymocytes by cross-linking of their T-cell receptors with anti-TCR mAb or peptide-pulsed antigen-presenting cells. There is a strong correlation between positive selection of thymocytes and CD53 expression. Its association with CD2 and a tyrosine phosphatase in rat T lymphocytes and with CD19, CD21, HLA-DR, and other TM4SF proteins in human B lymphocytes suggests that CD53 is involved in leukocyte signal transduction.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (e.g. 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescence staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD Optibuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).