APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD5
Clone 53-7.3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Lymphocyte antigen 1; Cd5; Ly-12; Ly-A; Lyt-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymus / Spleen
- Entrez Gene ID 12507
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 53-7.3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to a monomorphic epitope of CD5, a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily and the major ligand of CD72, found on thymocytes, T lymphocytes, thymic NKT cells, and a subset of B lymphocytes, but not on NK cells or splenic NKT cells. The level of surface CD5 expression is developmentally regulated in the thymus, starting with low levels on CD4-CD8- thymocytes and increasing as they mature to CD4+CD8+ then CD4+CD8- or CD4-CD8+ thymocytes. Relatively high levels are maintained on peripheral T lymphocytes. The level of CD5 antigen detected on T helper cells has been reported to be somewhat higher than that on T cytotoxic/suppressor and B cells. Few, if any, intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes bearing the γδ T-cell receptor express CD5. Phenotypic, anatomical, functional, developmental, and pathogenic characteristics of peripheral CD5+ B cells suggest that they may represent a distinct lineage, known as B-1 cells. The frequency of these CD5+ B cells has been reported to show strain-dependent variation. An additional population of CD5+ B lymphocytes resides in the thymus, where it matures from intrathymic B-cell progenitors. It has been proposed that CD5 is a costimulatory molecule which mediates interactions of cells in the immune system and negatively regulates signal transduction mediated by the T-cell receptor and B-cell receptor.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.