APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD279 (PD-1)
Clone RMP1-30 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name PD-1; mPD-1; Pdc1; Pdcd1; Ly101
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse PD-1 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 18566
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RMP1-30 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD279 which is also known as PD-1 (programmed death-1). CD279 (PD-1) is a ~55 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by Pdcd1 which belongs to the CD28/CTLA-4 family within the Ig superfamily. CD279 (PD-1) is comprised of an extracellular region with an IgV-like domain and an intracellular region with an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif (ITIM) and an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based switch motif (ITSM) that are associated with inhibitory signaling functions. CD279 (PD-1) is transiently expressed on CD4-CD8- thymocytes and developing B lymphocytes at the pro-B-cell stage. It is also expressed on activated myeloid cells, B cells, and T cells including exhausted T cells found in mice during chronic viral infections or cancer. This co-inhibitory receptor reportedly functions in negative regulation of immune responses and thus helps guard against autoimmunity and preserves peripheral tolerance. CD273 (also known as PD-L2 or B7-DC) and CD274 (PD-L1 or B7-H1) are members of the B7 family within the Ig superfamily that serve as ligands for CD279 (PD-1). The RMP1-30 antibody reportedly does not block the binding of CD279 (PD-1) to these ligands.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody and free dye were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.