APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD103
Clone M290 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Itgae; Integrin alpha-E; αE; alpha-E1; ITAE; Integrin αIEL chain; aM290
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Intestinal Epithelial Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16407
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M290 antibody specificaly binds to CD103, the α chain of αIELβ7 integrin. CD103 has a unique and fairly restricted tissue distribution. It is expressed on almost all intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL), dendritic epidermal T cells (DEC), subpopulations of peripheral T cells, and distinct subsets of fetal, neonatal, and adult thymocytes. E-cadherin is the epithelial cell ligand for αIELβ7 integrin. The ordered expression of αIEL during thymocyte development (which occurs under the influence of the thymic epithelium), high level of αIEL expression on peripheral T cells in epithelial tissues (IEL and DEC), and expression of CD103 on a subset of CD8+ lymphocytes responding to allogeneic epithelial cells, suggest that αIELβ7 integrin may have a common role in the interactions of T lymphocytes with epithelia during T-cell maturation and effector functions. CD103 is thought to play a role in allograft rejection. The M290 antibody is reported to efficiently inhibit αIELβ7-mediated adhesion in in vitro assays.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.