APC-R700 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD279 (PD-1)
Clone J43 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ly101; PD-1; Pdc1; Pdcd1; mPD-1; programmed cell death 1 protein; programmed cell death protein 1; protein PD-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Syrian Hamster kidney cell line BKH transfected with Pdcd1 cDNA
- Entrez Gene ID 18566
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The J43 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD279 which is also known as PD-1 (programmed death-1). CD279 is a 50-55-kDa glycoprotein encoded by the Pdcd1 gene of the CD28 family of the Ig superfamily. The expression of Pdcd1 mRNA and PD-1 protein is tightly regulated. PD-1 is transiently expressed on CD4-CD8 thymocytes, it is upregulated on some cell lines upon induction of apoptosis, it is induced on thymocytes and splenic T and B lymphocytes after stimulation through their antigen receptors, and it is induced on activated myeloid cells. In addition, Pdcd1 mRNA is transiently expressed in developing B lymphocytes at the pro-B-cell stage. The presence of an ITIM (Immunoreceptor Tyrosine-based Inhibitory Motif) on PD-1's intracytoplasmic region and the development of splenomegaly and breakdown of peripheral tolerance in PD-1[-/-] mice suggest that PD-1 is involved in the negative regulation of immune responses. The PD-1 ligands, B7-H1 (also known as PD-L1, CD274) and B7-DC (PD-L2, CD273), are members of the B7 family of the Ig superfamily. The J43 antibody blocks the binding of PD-1 to its two ligands.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.