APC Hamster Anti-Mouse CD49b
Clone HMα2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Integrin α2 chain
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse colon carcinoma cell line Colon26
- Entrez Gene ID 16398
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HMα2 antibody reacts with integrin α2 chain (CD49b), the 150-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that non-covalently associates with the integrin β1 subunit (CD29) to form the integrin α2β1 complex known as VLA-2. VLA-2, a receptor for collagen and laminin, is expressed on some splenic CD4+ T lymphocytes and NK-T cells, intestinal intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocytes, splenic NK cells, epithelial cells, and platelets; but it is not on thymocytes or Peyer's-patch or lymphnode lymphocytes. The expression of VLA-2 is upregulated on lymphocytes in response to mitogens. The HMα2 antibody has been reported to partially block the interaction of T-cell blasts, but not NK cells, with collagen. Purified HMα2 mAb blocks the staining of splenic NK cells by the anti-CD49b/Pan-NK Cells mAb DX5 (Cat. No. 553858, for the PE conjugate). Therefore, mAb HMα2 may be used like the DX5 mAb for identification of NK cells.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.