BV421 Mouse Anti-Human IL-9
Clone MH9A3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL9; IL-9; interleukin-9; HP40; P40
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C57BL/6 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-9 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MH9A3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human interleukin-9 (IL-9). Human IL-9 is a multifunctional cytokine and a member of the type I cytokine (hematopoietin) family that includes IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-15 and IL-21. This cytokine is encoded by the IL9 gene that is resident on chromosome 5q31.1. IL-9 is expressed by activated CD4-positive T helper cells, by some transformed T cells and by eosinophils, mast cells and neutrophils. IL-9 induces the proliferation, differentiation, and effector function of various cell types including T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, mast cells, eosinophils, neutrophils, hematopoietic cells and epithelial cells. It potentiates the interleukin-4-induced IgM, IgG and IgE responses by human B lymphocytes. IL-9 has been implicated in human allergic disorders such as asthma and malignancies such as Hodgkin's disease. IL-9 exerts its biological activities through binding to the surface IL-9 receptor (IL-9R) complex comprised of the IL-9R alpha subunit (IL-9Rα; CD129) and the common cytokine receptor gamma subunit (γc; CD132). IL-9 signaling through its receptor includes activation of the Janus kinases 1 and 3 ( JAK1 and JAK3) and activation of Signal transducer and activator of transcription 1, 3 and 5 factors (STAT1, STAT3 and STAT5).
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.