BUV395 Mouse Anti-PTEN
Clone A2B1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name MMAC1, TEP1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development) Rat, Dog (Reported)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human C-terminal PTEN Peptide
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Cancer can develop when cells escape normal growth control mechanisms through mutations in proto-oncogenes or tumor suppressor genes. A characteristic of most oncogene and tumor suppressor gene products is that they are components of signal transduction pathways that are essential for maintaining cellular homeostasis. PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homolog), also known as MMAC1 (mutated in multiple advanced cancers 1), is a tumor suppressor gene that is mutated at high frequency in multiple tumor types. The protein encoded by PTEN is a phosphatase that preferentially dephosphorylates phosphoinositide substrates. It is believed that a mechanism by which PTEN mutations cause tumors is the loss of its negative control on the phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling pathway that regulates cell growth and survival. PTEN also plays a role in the maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells.
The A2B1 monoclonal antibody recognizes PTEN, regardless of phosphorylation status.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 395 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD Optibuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).