APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human IL-17A
Clone N49-653 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL17; IL-17; CTLA8; Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-17A Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Human IL-17A, also known as IL-17, is a proinflammatory cytokine that is encoded by the IL17A gene in chromosome 6. IL-17A is produced as a disulfide-linked homodimer comprised of two mature 136-amino acid polypeptides. It is a member of the IL-17 family of structurally related cytokines, designated IL-17A through IL-17F. Activated memory T cells, especially Th17 cells (specialized IL-17A-producing CD4+ T cells distinct from Th1 and Th2 cells) produce IL-17 and provide protective immunity against pathogens. Activated CD8+ T cells, γδT cells, NK cells and neutrophils can also be activated to produce IL-17A. IL-17A binds to and exerts its biological activity through IL-17 receptors (IL-17R) that are expressed by a variety of target cells including fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, monocytes/macrophages and mast cells. The ubiquitous IL-17R expression pattern may explain the broad tissue responsiveness to IL-17. IL-17 induces stromal cells to secrete cytokines and chemokines involved in inflammatory and hematopoietic processes. For example, IL-17 induces fibroblasts to produce IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF and express increased surface ICAM-1. The N49-653 antibody reacts with human IL-17A.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.