R718 Mouse Anti-Human CD117 (c-Kit)
Clone 104D2 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name KIT; c-Kit; SCFR; PBT; Mast/stem cell growth factor receptor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Megakaryoctic cell line MOLM-1
- Workshop No. VI C30
- Entrez Gene ID 3815
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 104D2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD117, the receptor for stem cell factor (SCF). It selectively recognizes NIH- 3T3 cells transfected with human c-kit, the gene that codes for SCF-R. The 104D2 antibody does not block the epitope that binds SCF. In the bone marrow of humans and mice, SCF is expressed primarily on hematopoietic progenitor cells. Lack of functional SCF or deficient SCF-R caused by mutations in the Sl and W loci, respectively, can result in severe anemia and a decrease in the number of primitive progenitor cells in mice. Human hematopoietic progenitor cells can be recognized by their surface expression of CD34. This cell population constitutes a small subset (1% to 5%) of bone marrow cells. CD34+ cells contain a small subpopulation of primitive/non-committed progenitors, with the remaining fraction being cells committed to the various hematopoietic lineages. SCF alone induces extensive proliferation of erythroid-committed progenitor cells (CD34lo CD71hi CD64-). On primitive (CD34hi CD38lo CD50+) and granulo-monocytic (CD34+ CD64+) progenitor cells, SCF synergistically enhances the effects of other cytokines, the strongest of which are on the primitive progenitor cells. In addition, SCF promotes survival of primitive progenitors in the absence of proliferation. The receptor is highly expressed at similar levels on all of the three mentioned CD34+ cell subsets, whereas B-lymphoid committed progenitor cells (CD34+ CD19+) express low levels of SCF-R. Among CD34- bone marrow cells, only a small number of cells (mostly erythroid) express the receptor.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon Red 718, which has been developed exclusively for BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. BD Horizon Red 718 can be excited by the red laser (628 – 640 nm) and, with an Em Max around 718 nm, it can be detected using a 730/45 nm filter. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, we do not recommend using R718 in combination with APC-R700 or Alexa Fluor® 700.
BD Horizon™ Red 718 (R718) is a small molecule fluorochrome with an emission max near 718 nm. R718 can be used as an alternative for Alexa Fluor® 700 or APC-R700 on instruments equipped with a red laser (628 – 640 nm) and a 730/45 nm filter. R718 is a bright dye with low non-specific background staining. As such, R718 offers great resolving power on surface and intracellular markers. R718 enables the resolution of low expression markers without having to switch to a tandem dye (APC-R700), which can introduce residual emission and resulting SOV/spread into the APC channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, we do not recommend using R718 in combination with APC-R700 or Alexa Fluor® 700. R718 has been exclusively developed for BD Life Sciences.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BD™ CompBeads can be used as surrogates to assess fluorescence spillover (Compensation). When fluorochrome conjugated antibodies are bound to BD CompBeads, they have spectral properties very similar to cells. However, for some fluorochromes there can be small differences in spectral emissions compared to cells, resulting in spillover values that differ when compared to biological controls. It is strongly recommended that when using a reagent for the first time, users compare the spillover on cells and BD CompBead to ensure that BD CompBeads are appropriate for your specific cellular application.