Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD6
Clone M-T605 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name T12; TP120
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. IV T148
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M-T605 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD6. CD6 is a 100-130 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein present on more than 80% of mature T cells and a subset of B cells. CD6 is also weakly expressed on cortical thymocytes. CD6 binds to CD166 and reportedly plays roles in cellular adhesion, costimulation of T lymphocyte proliferation, and the regulation of lymphocyte apoptosis. The antibody is useful for investigation of CD6+ B-cell function.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The polyclonal antibody was purified from antiserum by negative adsorption and affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.