PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD88
Clone 20/70 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd88; C5ar1; C5a-R; C5aR; C5r1; C5a Ligand; C5a anaphylatoxin receptor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse C5aR Transfected Cell Line
- Entrez Gene ID 12273
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 20/70 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD88, which is also known as, Complement component 5a receptor 1 (C5ar1), C5a anaphylatoxin chemotactic receptor, or C5a receptor (C5aR). CD88 belongs to the rhodopsin family of seven-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptors and mediates its effects by binding to the complement activation product, C5a. CD88 is expressed on leucocytes including, neutrophils, monocytes, macrophages, and eosinophils. CD88 may also be expressed on alveolar epithelial cells, endothelial cells, neural stem cells, oligodendrocytes, and on parenchymal cells of lung, liver, kidney and heart. Binding of the proinflammatory C5a anaphylatoxin to CD88 results in G-protein coupling and intracellular signal transduction that mediates intracellular calcium release, chemotaxis, degranulation, cytokine production, and superoxide anion production. The 20/70 antibody can block binding of C5a to CD88 and thus inhibit its biological functions.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.