PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD100 (Sema4D)
Clone BMA-12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Semaphorin-4D; SEM4D; Semaphorin-C-like 2; Semacl2; Semaj; M-Sema G; coll-4
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse CD100 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 20354
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The BMA-12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD100 which is also known as, Semaphorin-4D (Sema4D), or Collapsin-4 (Coll-4). CD100 is a ~150 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the class IV Semaphorin subfamily within the Ig gene superfamily. CD100 is expressed by cells from a broad range of tissues including the nervous system, where it serves in axon guidance and synapse formation, and the kidney. It is expressed by most hematopoietic cells including T cells which express CD100 more abundantly than B cells and dendritic cell subsets. Its expression is significantly upregulated upon activation of these cell types. CD100 can costimulate T cell responses. For B cells and dendritic cells, CD100 interaction with its ligands, CD72 or Plexin B1, induces cellular activation and promotes survival, respectively. CD100 is also known to interact with Plexin B2 on skin gamma delta T cells and contribute to the repair of tissue damage caused by inflammation. A biologically-active, soluble form of CD100 is generated by proteolytic cleavage of the cell surface form.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.