PE Mouse Anti-Human CD85k
Clone ZM3.8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LILRB4; ILT-3; HM18; LIRB4; LIR-5
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human ILT3 Recombinant Protein
- Workshop No. VII 70358
- Entrez Gene ID 11006
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ZM3.8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD85k which is also known as Immunoglobulin-like transcript 3 (ILT-3) and Monocyte inhibitory receptor HM18. CD85k is encoded by LILRB4 (Leukocyte immunoglobulin-like receptor, subfamily B member 4) and is expressed as a type I transmembrane glycoprotein. CD85k is comprised of two C2-type Ig domains, a transmembrane region, and a cytoplasmic tail with three immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motifs (ITIMs). CD85k is selectively expressed by myeloid antigen presenting cells including monocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells. CD85k functions as an inhibitory receptor. ILT3 can also function in antigen capture and presentation. It is efficiently internalized upon cross-linking, and delivers its ligand to an intracellular compartment where it is processed and ultimately presented by APCs to T cells. Thus, ILT3 is a novel inhibitory receptor that can negatively regulate activation of APCs and can be used by APCs for antigen uptake. ILT3 expression is upregulated on tolerogenic dendritic cells that can induce regulatory T cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited.